May I suggest a few things that may help move your mindset and your business forward? If so, I’d like to suggest two books and one podcast.
1. Vivid Vision by Cameron Herold
“What do I really want?” That’s where a Vivid Vision comes in. Business expert Cameron Herold shows you how to create a detailed three-year vision for your company that will inspire your team, clients, and most importantly yourself. He recommends revisiting it every quarter so what you’re building stays front of mind throughout the year.
2. Effortless by Greg McKeown
One of my favorite books ever is Essentialism by Greg McKeown, so I was excited to hear he’d released a new book a few months ago. Essentialism is all about simplifying your life by focusing on the right things. Effortless was written because sometimes even just focusing on the right things feels like more than we can handle! There were so many great strategies to work smarter and bring more ease and joy into your work and life. I’ll definitely be re-reading this one!
3. How to Get Rich by Naval Ravikant
I want to warn you that this podcast is 3 hours and 35 minutes long. Holy cow!
This is a crash course on how to create true wealth. A few takeaways:
- When you create a strong personal brand, the returns are wildly disproportionate. Whether you love them or hate them, personalities like Oprah, Trump, Kim Kardashian, and Elon Musk can get rich just off their name.
- Set and enforce an aspirational hourly rate. Use this to guide your decisions on how to spend your time, and whether something should be outsourced or ignored.
- Fortune requires leverage, such as from capital, people, and products with no marginal cost of replication. Sharing your ideas through social media, a newsletter, or a paid course is a way to create leverage. Similarly, publicity is a fast way to create brand leverage and audience leverage. Always be seeking leverage.
Now I would love to hear from you! Is there a book you love, or a podcast that you think everyone should listen to?
Go ahead and let me know on Instagram right here!